SUMMIT OPENING SESSION [10:00-11:15]
Summit Welcome and Overview
Keynote Session Moderator
What is Sustainable Transport?
California Green Academy
What is Sustainability?
Keynote Speaker: What is Equity and Transport Equity?
THE ENVIRONMENTAL CASE FOR TRANSPORT EQUITY [11:30-12:30 PST]
*Invited Panelists Include:*
Moderator: Darnell Gribsy, MPA - Executive Director, TransForm and California Transportation Commission.
1) Chanell Fletcher, MPA - Deputy Executive Officer, Environmental Justice, California Air Resources Board.
2) Carmelita Miller, JD - Senior Director-Climate Equity, Greenlining Institute.
3) Joseph K. Lyou, Ph.D. - President & CEO, Coalition for Clean Air.
4) Nicole Capretz, MA, JD - Founder/Executive Director, Climate Action Campaign.
THE FINANCIAL CASE FOR TRANSPORT EQUITY [13:30-14:30 PST]
*Invited Panelists Include:*
Moderator: Asha Weinstein Agrawal, Ph.D. - Director, National Transportation Finance Center, Mineta Transportation Institute.
1) Jacob Denney, MPA - Economic Justice Policy Director, SPUR
2) Leadership Counsel for Justice and Accountability (Representing the Central & Coachella Valleys)
3) R. Jisung Park, Ph.D. - Assistant Professor of Public Policy and Finance Research Director, Luskin Center for Innovation, UCLA.
4) Antonia Hernández, JD - President & CEO, California Community Foundation.
INSPIRING ACTION AND DELIVERABLES: WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE? [14:45-15:50]
*Invited Panelists Include:*
Moderator: Jan Masaoka, MBA - CEO, California Association of Nonprofits.
1) California Green Academy’s “Codifying Sustainable Transport” and “Transport Equity and Access for the 21st Century” Campaigns.
2) Greenlining Institute’s Defining Equity Effort and "Clean Mobility Playbook."
3) California Environmental Justice Alliance Initiatives
4) MOVE CA and SPUR’s 2022 "Climate and Clean Air Initiative."
5) Attendee Contributions / Recommendations
SUMMIT CLOSING REMARKS [15:50-16:00]
The 2021 Summit is FREE to attend, and registration can be completed here: https://bit.ly/tbl2021registration.
If you are not able to attend, the entire Summit will be recorded and available for later viewing, on the Summit's YouTube channel.
For further information, including sending questions to panelists and speakers prior, please email us at: info[at]transportandtbl.org.
Official Summit News Release | En Español
(Coming Soon: Official Program, Social Media Toolkit, and Policy Guide. All items above will be provided in Spanish.)
With the Summit being an official event of the California Green Academy's Board of Directors ("Board"), all Summit attendees are subject to the Board's Meeting Procedures, and Summit attendees can be removed from the Summit, should they engage in unruly, offensive, and/or discriminatory behaviour, and/or other elements listed in CalGreen's Meeting Procedures. While the Board supports and vigorously defends Free Speech and the First Amendment, the California Green Academy does not classify "Hate Speech" as Free Speech, and/or other inflammatory, discriminatory, or derogatory language that is based upon biological factors, such as race; skin color; ancestry; national origin; age; sex; gender identity; sexual orientation; medical condition; disability–mental, physical, physiological, or otherwise diagnosed; or any other established and/or recognized biological trait.
2021 Summit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Why was Friday, 23 April, chosen as the Summit date? In order to maximize attendance and speaker participation, the Summit is held on a Friday, and the Summit is held as close to Earth Day (22 April), as possible.
2. Is the Summit free? YES, and registration can be completed here: https://bit.ly/tbl2021registration If you cannot attend, we ask you do not register, as the Summit has a limited number of spaces available for online viewing, and a recording of the entire Summit will posted online, immediately after.
3. What is the Summit time frame and schedule? The Summit is organised into four sessions, ranging from sixty to seventy-five minutes. The schedule includes a hour-one break for lunch (12:30-13:30 PST), and 15-minute breaks, in between the sessions before and after the lunch break.
4. Will the Summit be recorded for later viewing? YES, and the entire event will be posted immediately after, on the Summit's YouTube channel.
5. Will the Summit be translated? YES; a translated version of the Summit in Spanish will be posted online afterward, on the Summit's YouTube channel.
6. Is the agenda / schedule listed above finalized? NO; as of now, listed above is the tentative schedule. All speakers whose images are posted above are confirmed. The agenda is being worked on constantly, and we will showcase the most up-to-date information.
7. Will attendees be able to speak / respond during the Summit? YES; however, so as to not overwhelm the audio feed and to expedite the response time, attendee responses will be limited to the chat feature, unless the attendee's audio response is requested by a moderator, panelists, or Summit admin.
8. Are sponsorships available for the Summit? YES; each of the four session can be sponsored by an individual or organization, and sponsorship information can be located here. However, the individual or organization must comply with (including have been historically compliant) with the California Green Academy's mission, vision, and Equal Opportunity standards.
Summit attendee's will be contacted before and immediately after the Summit (within a week), with CalGreen providing pertinent after-Summit information. Attendees will be contacted after the Summit for information related to YouTube video posting, and other ways to access the Summit's content. Attendees also have the ability to unsubscribe from such email communications.
CalGreen's Summit Android and IOS apps have been designed internally, so as to make sure information is not obtained from one's phone or app source. However, while the Summit app does not obtain, nor even require, personal information from the host device, CalGreen cannot speak on behalf of Google Play's and Apple's iTunes Store, where the Summit app can be downloaded from.
Should you have any further inquiries, please contact CalGreen's Chief Ethics Officer at: ethics[at]calgreenacademy.org. The mailing address for CalGreen's Chief Ethics Officer is: 717 K Street - Suite 225, Sacramento, California 95814-3477.